Borrow from Libraries Everywhere
If you need an older item that isn’t available in Champaign-Urbana, we may be able to borrow it from another library using Worldcat. You need a Champaign library card for this service. Patrons from other libraries, please contact your home library for help.
Using Worldcat, Step by Step
First, please check our catalog for the item. If you don't find what you need:
For recently published items, complete an online Purchase Request form, and we’ll look into buying them.
For older titles, you can search additional libraries using Worldcat, now available directly through the library catalog. No password or authorization code is needed.
- In the library catalog, click on "More Search Options."
- Click the "Search Other Catalogs" link, just below where you enter your search parameters.
- Check the box for "Worldcat."Click "Set Selected Catalogs." Note: You will continue to search Worldcat until you click "Search Other Catalogs" again, and uncheck Worldcat or click "Restore Defaults."
- Do a search. Find the item you want and click "Request It."
- Log on to complete the request.
Note: If the item you requested is available in Champaign-Urbana, you'll get a message asking if you wish to request a locally owned copy instead.
WorldCat (Part of FirstSearch)
Worldcat is now available and easy to use inside the library catalog. See the instructions to the left.
If you prefer to use the old Worldcat site, it is still available. Please call the library at 217/403–2070 for the authorization code.
Click here to enter FirstSearch/Worldcat