We offer fantastic field trips
A field trip to our library offers convenience and flexibility for teachers — and memorable experiences for your students.
A field trip to the Champaign Public Library offers convenience and flexibility for teachers — and great experiences for students.
- Groups of all sizes are welcome.
- We’ll work with your schedule. Visits can last 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Each visit is well-organized. Students are never left with nothing to do.
- We’ll plan programs just for your grade level.
- Our facilities are easy to get to. We’re on bus lines and parking is free.
We’ll get your kids busy:
- Learning library skills. We’ll teach the ins and outs of finding good information, developing search strategies, and using the library catalog.
- Doing class research. We’ll help your students research curriculum topics. We’ll pull materials, make booklists, give research instruction, and provide one-on-one assistance.
- Seeing library mysteries revealed in a behind-the-scenes tour.
- Enjoying storytelling, booktalks, and interactive poetry.
To book your field trip, call 217/403–2030 (Main Library) or 217/403–2090 (Douglass Branch Library).