Ask a Librarian
We’ll answer all kinds of questions, whether you need the phone number of a local business or details about life in ancient Egypt. Plus, we love to read and share book recommendations!
- For long or complex questions, it’s best to call or visit us.
- For questions about your account or items checked out, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217/403–2000.
Chat with Our Librarians
Type your message in the chat window at the right to connect to a Champaign librarian during open hours.
Text a Librarian
Text us at 217/619-0333. Standard message rates apply.
Call in your question during open hours.
- Information Services: 217/403–2070
- Children’s information questions: 217/403–2030
Instant Message (IM)
Send an instant message during open hours. Our screen names are:
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM): Champaign Lib
- Yahoo! Messenger: Champaign_Librarian
- MSN Messenger: Champaign_librarian@hotmail.com
Ask in Person
- Main Library, 200 W. Green St., Champaign, IL 61820-5193
- Douglass Branch Library, 504 E. Grove St., Champaign, IL 61820-3239
Suggest a Purchase
Can’t find what you want in the catalog? You can ask us to buy it. Call 217/403–2070 or use our purchase suggestion form.
Here are common questions about what and whom you can ask.