The Indians in Illinois were a group of tribes called a confederation. This confederation included the Cahokia, Kaskaskia, Michigamea, Peoria, and Tamaroa tribes. They lived along the Mississippi River in Illinois and also in Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas.
- Minnesota State University EMuseum: Illinois
- Illini Indians Fact Sheet
- The Illini Confederation: Lords of the Mississippi Valley
- Lewis & Clark Journey
Check these out at the library. You can request them in our catalog.
- The Illinois Confederacy of Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa and Oklahoma (Juvenile Nonfiction/J973.0497/Lee) by Jennifer Lee
- Illinois Native Peoples (Juvenile Nonfiction/J977.3004/San) by Andrew Santella
- Illinois (Juvenile Nonfiction/J977.3/Som) by Barbara A. Somervill
- A Concise Dictionary of Indian Tribes of North America (Juvenile Reference/J970.00497/Lei) by Barbara Leitch
- Dictionary of Indian Tribes of the Americas, Volume II.(Juvenile Reference/J970.1/Dic)
- The Native Tribes of North America: A Concise Encyclopedia (Juvenile Reference/J970.0049/Joh) by Michael Johnson