Civility Week April 7-13, 2013
Does it seem like rudeness is on the rise—and common courtesy isn’t so common? Civility is the cure, and it can be contagious! Being good to one another makes life better for everyone in our community.
That's the idea behind the Champaign Public Library's Civility Week. It’s a chance for all of us to:
- Talk about important civility issues such as bullying in schools, rudeness at work, and incivility in media and politics; our free events will help get the discussion started
- Learn ways to cope when we encounter rudeness
- Pledge to choose civility and learn how to put it in action using the ingredients of civility
In memory of Roger Ebert, we offer a poster that captures the spirit of civility.
Take Our Civility Pledge
Take our civility pledge online and see our cities' pledge total grow!
Civility Rocks! “Civility” Song by David Howie
And check out the video featuring Mayor Don Gerard (pictured below).
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Our civility effort is inspired by the book Choosing Civility by P.M. Forni and sponsored by:
• Champaign Public Library Friends
• Parkland College
• University of Illinois Library
• BPC & Habeeb Habeeb
• The News-Gazette
• Adams Outdoor
• Surface 51