Service Roles & Goals
Our service roles and goals broadly outline our priorities for the next five years.
Champaign community members will have:
Information for successful lifelong learning and everyday decisions
- Our community will have support for schoolwork and lifelong educational endeavors.
- Our community will have the resources to make informed decisions and explore topics of personal interest.
A broad range of resources to engage their imaginations, enrich their lives, and encourage young readers
- Our community will find a wealth of popular materials in current formats to provide pleasurable reading, viewing, and listening experiences.
- Our community will be inspired by a variety of library programs that inform, enlighten, and entertain.
Inviting spaces for learning, relaxing, and connecting with library resources and each other
- Our community will have safe, welcoming, comfortable, and well-maintained library spaces and meeting rooms.
Easy access to the online world
- Our community will have high-speed Internet connections to ensure equitable access to the online world.
Approved by the Champaign Public Library Board of Trustees, December 2009