Library architects & contractors
Ross Barney Architects
The architectural firm for the project is Ross Barney Architects of Chicago. Their Oklahoma City Federal Building design received a 2005 Interior Architecture Award and Divine Detail Award from the American Institute of Architects Chicago. Design Principal Carol Ross Barney, a U. of I. graduate, was also honored in January 2005 with a Thomas Jefferson Award for Public Architecture from the American Institute of Architects.
Construction managers for the library are PKD, Inc., based in Champaign.
Contractors for the project are:
South entrance of old library & parking lot
- South entrance: Roessler Construction Co.
- Asphalt paving: Champaign Asphalt Co.
- Excavation and curbing: Cross Construction
- Excavation and concrete: Williams Brothers Construction
- Steel: Prairie States Steel, Inc.
- General Trades: Felmley Dickerson
- Masonry: Stobeck Masonry
- Roofing: Advanced Wayne Cain & Sons Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc.
- Aluminum and Glass: Illini Glass Solutions
- Elevator: Otis
- Fire Protection: McDaniel Fire Systems
- Flooring: Commercial Flooring
- Plumbing: T. A. Brinkoetter
- Heating and Ventilation: A & R Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
- Electrical: Coleman Electrical Service, Inc.
- Engineering: Henneman Raufheisen
- Conveyor: Tech Logic
- Glass donor wall: Glass FX
- Signage: ASI Modulex
Carol Ross Barney Talks About Our Library
See a video of architect Carol Ross Barney discussing the design of our new library, a talk presented at our dedication celebration on July 27, 2008. more